With Fourth of July week upcoming, we have many events around Shorecrest BnB over the next week. For this special week and beyond the Shorecrest Bed and Breakfast is offering a 10% discount on a three-night stay through July 12th or 20% off on a four-night stay. Each stay includes:
- Wine Tasting Discount Card to 24 Wineries
- Mid-Week $20 Resturant Voucher
- Complimentary Wine Class
- Usual Full-Gourmet Breakfast Daily
- Use of the Shorecrest BnB’s 2 Private Beaches
- Concierge Services for Vacation Planning Tasks such as Bicycling or Kayaking Rentals
Nothing else reminds you that the summer is in full-swing like an amazingly breathtaking fireworks display. Here are some of the events happening around Shorecrest BnB in the coming week.
- On Wednesday July 4th and on Saturday, July 7th, the Greenport Fire Department hosts their Carnival and Fireworks displays. Events are from 7pm to 11pm on the Polo Grounds on Main Road in Greenport. Fireworks begin at 10pm both nights and summer carnival rides with games are within easy walking distance of the waterfront in Greenport.
- Shelter Island will be hosting a fireworks display on Saturday, July 7th, on Crescent Beach. Crescent Beach is found at 81 Shore Road on Shelter Island. This is an incredible way to see the display by boat. The boats will begin arriving around 8pm with the fireworks show kicking off at around 9:30pm. Make sure you are on one of those boats or on the beach for the best views. Rain date scheduled for Sunday, July 8th. (631-749-0399)
- On Saturday July 7th, there will be a public fireworks display viewing on Havens Beach at the Marine Park Waterfront beginning at 9:30pm. The public can also partake in the goodies sold by the Sag Harbor Chamber of Commerce for fundraising purposes such as glow bracelets and sticks as well as cool bottled water. Enjoy the creative baked goods and cold drinks from the Ladies Village Improvement Society who will be on Long Wharf. Sponsored by the Sag Harbor Yacht Club. (631-725-0567)
If you are looking for daytime events to fill your calendar while you wait for the amazing fireworks displays there are many interesting events to take part in.
Hallockville Museum Farm Tour
On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through October 28th, 2012, the Hallockville Museum offers their Farm Tour from noon to 4pm with an event cost of $7. The Hallockville Museum Farm is a non-profit organization with a focus on bringing visitors back to their original agricultural roots. For more information on the Hallockville Museum Farm Tour call 631-298-5292 and watch this video about the farm.
The Garden Conservancy’s Tour
There are many incredibly lovely gardens on the North Fork of Long Island. The Garden Conservancy hosts several Open Day events for those who want to spend some time strolling through some of the most beautiful gardens on Long Island. . Contact The Garden Conservancy about their Open Days program at 845-265-5384
The Shorecrest Garden, a pleasure to enjoy all season
Past visitors know the gardens here well and can depend on there being something different to see each time they visit. The flower borders are planted with perennials which are planned to flower sequentially. Astilbes are in full bloom now, as the first flowering of the landscape knockout roses and Nepata (Cat mint) is past its prime, and they have been cut back to gather energy for another flowering in a couple of weeks. The white hydrangeas are looking marvelous, the blues that line the front walk should start to bloom soon, and several different varieties of lilies will continue to flower throughout the summer, along with hosta, Rucbeckia or Black Eyed Susan ( of which there are literally thousands in the 25 ft x 200 ft border that lines the road) Perovskia, Montauk daisies, Sedum and to keep color when the perennials are resting a variety of annuals that continue to flower until frost.
I hope to welcome you for an impromptu tour of this little slice of heaven soon!